Korean Language Education
Education for Understanding of Multicultural Society
- Improving understanding of each family member’s role and family background by providing individualized education to each family member.
- Fostering healthy relations among couples by providing counseling on effective communication strategies and conflict resolution methods.
- Details: Integrated education for multicultural families, spousal education, child support, etc.
Counseling Support and Referral
- Psychological and emotional support, linkages to other support programs, referrals to specialized institutions
- Details: Family counseling, couples counseling, child counseling, individual counseling, etc.
Employment and Business Startup Education
Development of Self-Help Groups
- Conducting information-sharing and personal exchange via self-help groups of multicultural families.
- Developing a multicultural family network, including a monitoring group.
- Distributing Rainbow Plus, a magazine specially geared toward multicultural families Translating necessary Korean-language materials into five languages (e.g., English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino and Cambodian).
- Ensuring the availability of relevant materials at local government offices, multi-cultural family support centers, immigration offices, etc.
Visiting Education Project for Multi-Culture Families
- House visit service by professional instructors is provided for Korean language, an education for parents, an instruction for children's life targeting married immigrants and their families who find it difficult to participate in the education gathered at the center due to pregnancy, nurturing children, and geological accessibility
- Education for Korean Language: Korean education instructor visits married immigrants to educate them and improve their Korean language skill.
- Education for Parents: House visit instructor visits married immigrants who raise children younger than 12 years old and provides a service to educate parents (Consult for childbirth and nurturing and provide information, strengthen the competency of raising children
- Service for Children's Life: For children of multi-culture households (From age 3 to 12), a visiting education instructor visits their households and provides a customized service for children's life for each tendency of multi-culture children. (School life, basic learning instruction, improved self-esteem, strengthened competency, emotional support and daily life support)
Language Development Support Project for Children of Multi-Culture Families
It is an education program that provides language evaluation and language education for children of multi-culture families and helps them to grow into properly developed and healthy social members.
- Education Target: Children of multi-culture households with younger than 12 years old
- Education Contents
- Language evaluation (Test current level of a child)
- Parents consultation (After the education and evaluation of target children, consult with main guardians)
- Language education (Proceed with lessons for each stage according to the current level of a child)
Interpretation & Translation Service for Married Immigrants
- Opening Hours: Monday through Friday (09:00~18:00)
- Place: Yeosu-si Multi-Culture Family Support Center
- Method: Phone, e-Mail, Visit Service
- Support Area: Provide with the consultation at early entry to Korea and other informations, support the communication of ideas among family, provide with the interpretation and translation service when using public institutions such as hospital, health center, police station, and schools